Saturday, June 18, 2011

Relatives and Revelations

Left out of Springfield and headed for my cousins place in Baldwin City KS. The route took me towards Joplin MO which you know was hit by those tornadoes a few weeks back and caused a lot of devastation and loss of life. 

I thought I might see some of it but my route bypassed it in a northerly direction. I had seen some tornado damage riding through the northern corner of MS. 

As I ride north I was keeping my eye on the sky as it's tornado season and the weather reports said there were unstable conditions in some areas that could spawn tornadoes. 

I did run into some rain that didn't last long and some really dark skies twice but the little rain I got was the extent of things and I made it to my  cousins in short order.

  

 My cousin and I hadn't seen each other since high school so there were a lot of stories to swap. 

 We both spent time at Ft. McClellan down in Anniston AL but she was there about eight months after I was when she went through officers candidate school. 

 My cousin can cook like crazy and as the picture shows I really enjoyed every bite of it. I spent two night there before heading out again. 

 My next stop was to be Colorado but a change of plans caused me to head home and cut the trip short by a day. 

RW

No comments:

Post a Comment