Saturday, June 18, 2011

Long Road Home

 The morning I left my cousins place it was nice and cool which was a refreshing change from the days down south with the record setting heat and high humidity. I expected it to warm up though as I headed towards the southwest. 

 I had about 1600 miles to ride to La Crescenta, CA and today's route was to run down the Kansas turnpike to Wichita, KS to Liberal, KS for about 368 miles. 

 Well in Wichita I missed the turn for SR-400 and stayed on the turnpike heading south which took me down to Oklahoma City and then to I-40.

  Once I got to I-40 I just decided to head west as far as I could until I got too tired or my butt hurt too much which ever came first. 

As it turned out neither was problem.

It was heading into the sun and holding my hand in front of my face to see better. 

That setting sun is tough on the eyes. 

 I made it to Tucumcari, New Mexico for a ride distance that day of 707 miles and another free Quality Inn stay. 

 This place had it's own restaurant and some good food. 

It was a long day today but I felt great. 

RW

 

No comments:

Post a Comment