Sunday, June 5, 2011

Friends and Key West

 From Tallahassee I headed down to Lecanto Florida and detoured over to Cedar Keys for a look around:  Cedar Key

Neat old place surrounded by the waters of the Gulf.

Tried to take some pictures and my camera started acting up but I did get a couple.





This is the old main street of Cedar Keys.










These are some relatively new condos.

Notice that they are built on stilts.

This is because of the storm surges.

When the people evacuate the buildings
will be OK standing over the water.





After checking out Cedar Key I headed south to visit my friends in Lecanto which is near Homosassa Springs which is on the west side of Florida.

 My friends have 3.5 acres on a semi paved
road with two dogs and two cats of their own.


The neighborhood also has it's own alarm system in the form of Percy the peacock.
He must have been asleep as I never saw him despite the sound of my motorcycle rumbling up the driveway.





The adjacent properties have horses and cows and a Brahma bull that has a habit of roaming around.









From Lecanto I headed south to Tequesta, Florida
to see my aunt and and cousins who I haven't
seen in years.

We did the usual visiting relative stuff, eat drink and hang out.

My cousin Jeff works for the Florida Lottery.
Great seeing them after all these years.

After two days with my aunt and cousins I headed south to Key West.

So after covering 3166 + miles I arrived here at the southern most point of the USA:


Technically this maker isn't the real point, it's actually located on Navy property farther south from this location but it makes a good picture opportunity for tourists.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment